Endemol is the largest independent television and digital production company in the world, with roughly 400 broadcasters, digital platforms and licensees worldwide.
Hotcow was tasked with creating buzz around Endemol by promoting a new TV show titled Your Face Sounds Familiar (YFSF). YFSF is a studio celebrity talent competition where a group of celebrities take on a new identity from head-to-toe as an iconic music performer.
MIPCOM audiences are a hard to impress business audience from all around the globe and are time poor. To succeed with any stunt or activity it has to have international appeal and understanding and have high spectacular value and low participation.
What we did
A MIPCOM celebrity crash. Two high profile top of the chart music lookalikes (Justin Timberlake and Katy Perry) and their entourage crashed MIPCOM with special guest appearances at red carpet parties and press calls. The lookalikes were tasked with ‘acting’ the part and making the general public and press believe that they were the real deal and in Cannes to promote the new Endemol TV Show. Fake paparazzi would take photos with the general public and the celeb and give them a branded photo memorabilia.
So, what happened..?
- Endemol and YFSF were the talk of MIPCOM
- Drove traffic to sales stand
- Everyone wanted a picture with them
- Lots of publicity and press
- “I can’t tell if it’s a real or not?”
- “They’re promoting Endemol’s new show.”
- “I can’t believe they got them here”
- “I love Katy Perry, I’m going to have to get a picture”
- “Have you seen that show Your Face Sound’s Familiar?”